Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moma's Ribs

Take baby back pork ribs (have the butcher remove the back membrane) and simply salt & pepper and slice yellow onions over the top of them. Tightly place foil over the glass pan and place in the oven at 325-350 for an hour and a half. Remove from oven and drain off some of the juices (only if there is a lot), recover and place back in the oven for 45 more minutes. Then take them out and put your sauce on them (I make my mom’s sticky sauce), cover and put in oven for another half hour. Take off the foil and let them cook for 20 more minutes to dry out a bit. I served them with coleslaw and the best green beans -
I’m sorry I don’t have an exact recipe for my Mom’s sticky sauce, but it is brown sugar, ketchup, a dash of mustard, worchestchire sauce, and a dash of vinegar. I’ve spent years trying to get the right amounts of each so it tastes like my moms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment