Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Bruschetta

The tomatoes are ripe and the basil is bountiful! It’s time for bruschetta.
Ingredients:
Fresh, crusty, French baguette
Tomatoes
Fresh basil leaves
Good balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Garlic
Salt & pepper

Dice your tomatoes. I prefer to cut mine in half and remove all the seeds first. I also love to use different varities of tomatoes – these are yellow boy tomatoes from my garden and delicious! Place diced tomatoes in a bowl and julienne your basil. I prefer to use a lot of basil! Crush a clove or garlic or two, drizzle olive oil and balsamic on to your taste, and finish with some sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. The quantities are up to you and your taste. I love to serve this on a fresh French baguette. Sometime I lightly toast the bread with some olive oil. A summer favorite!

1 comment:

  1. My garden is producing alot of tomatoes right now I should give this a try!

    ReplyDelete