Friday, March 18, 2011

Stir Fry

I love to take a bunch of fresh vegetables: onion, carrots, bell peppers, broccoli, snap peas, bock choy… and throw them into a hot skillet (I usually start with the onions to season the pan and start adding the things that take longer to cook like carrots and broccoli – putting in bock choy last because it cooks quickly). I sprinkle in some ginger and maybe some peanut oil if things are sticking. If you want to add chicken or beef, I cook that up first and set aside. Add it back in at the end, just before you put some sauce on.
At the last minute I add the star ingredients *pineapple chunks and sliced water chestnuts*
Finally I add a little stir fry sauce to coat all and it’s done.
I serve it over rice (using a rice cooker of course!) and the kids love it – mostly because they love to hunt for the pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment