Friday, March 18, 2011

Corned Beef, Cabbage & Hot Mustard

Corned Beef Brisket, cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, and beer bread. I love it, once a year! I boil the brisket on the stove for at least 4-5 hours. I also make one in the crock pot, cooking for about 4-5 hours as well. I add the potatoes for the last hour.  This year I’m making my friend Ryan’s hot mustard to go with it, it’s amazing!:

Hot Mustard
Ingredients:1/2 Cup Dry Mustard (or one 2 oz. can of Coleman's)
1 Cup Sugar
2/3 Cup Vinegar
3 Eggs
Directions:  In a sauce pan whisk together the dry ingredients until well blended. In a separate bowl mix the eggs and vinegar thoroughly. Add the liquid to the mustard mixture and whisk until completely blended (no lumps). Slowly cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat as soon as it starts to boil. Cook slowly so eggs do not overcook.  Once thickened, transfer to a glass bowl to cool.Serve warm or cold.  Keeps in refrigerator for about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment