Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Secret Weapon Brownies
I can't believe I'm going to share this! But oh well! I've been told many times that I make the best brownies and I really shouldn't take much credit because they come from a box that I doctor up! But here is the secret:
Betty Crocker brownie mix that comes with the Hersey's syrup packet to squeeze in. Make it just like the box says, but my secret is that I sprinkle chocolate chips on top, then sprinkle granulated sugar over them before baking so it makes a wonderful, chocolatey crust on top. So easy, but so amazing!

Lyric's Rum Cake
This is one of my favorite cakes to make and it is amazing!!
1 box Duncan Hines Delux Yellow Cake Mix
1 sm. box vanilla pudding
1/3 c. oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. rum
Mix the above and pour batter into a generously greased and floured bundt pan with 1/2 c. chopped pecans in the bottom. 350 for 50 min or until done

Glaze: prepare this as the cake is baking
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
3/4 stick of butter
Mix the above and heat in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, be careful not to burn. Simmer on low boil for 2-4 minutes. Remove from head and add 1/4 c. rum
Remove cake from over and carefully pour 1/2 of glaze immediately into cake. Wait until absorbed and turn cake out onto a plate. Pour remaining glaze on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment