Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Harvest Soup

This is an amazing soup that comes from my friend Sheena’s mom!
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. onion
1 c. carrots
1 c. celery
1 c. potatoes
4 c. water
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet sauce
1/8 tsp. basil
1 bay leaf
¼ t. pepper
28oz can whole tomatoes
Brown meat in large sauce pan, drain, add onions and sauté until tender, add remaining ingredients except tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 min, then add tomatoes and simmer on low for 10 min. Tonight this will be served with hot crusty French bread and the lovely sound of rain!
* I cannot find Kitchen Bouquet sauce - so I use 2 c. beef stock with 2 c. of water instead of 4c. water and that adds some flavor.  Also, I don't care for tomato chunks, so I press the tomatoes through a strainer to get all the juice and flavor without the chunks!  Lastly, I add 1c. frozen corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment