Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Carrot Cake
Well, it’s not really dinner (although it could be!!) but I had to share this recipe. When my mom was here for Halloween, we celebrated her birthday and I made a carrot cake. I have to say, this was the best carrot cake I’ve ever had!! I followed the recipe, but check the cakes a little prior to the bake time suggested so they didn’t get over done. I added golden raisins and some nutmeg and ground cloves. You must try this recipe if you like carrot cake!

Tomato Soup
Costco makes the best organic, tomato basil bisque! I add some homemade croutons, fresh basil leaves and call it good!

Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
When our daughters were first born someone brought us a meal that consisted of: a rotisserie chicken, tortillas, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa. Brilliant! No one had to cook and the meal was delicious and rather affordable I might add! We just revisited this meal and it did not disappoint in flavor or ease!!

Smoked Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Wild Rice Soup
My friend Lyric recommended this recipe. I haven’t tried it yet, but if Lyric says it’s good, I’m going to try it!!! Enjoy.

Chicken Saltimboca
This is really easy to prep ahead of time and it's always a show stopper! One of my favorite meals to serve guests. Here is the recipe.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Such a fun variation on regular pizza! Make homemade dough or get some already made from Trader Joes. Use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce and top with cooked chicken, red onion, motzarella cheese, and the kicker is fresh cilantro! Bake on a cookie sheet with corn meal scattered on it to keep the pizza from sticking, on the bottom rack of your oven at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment