Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Paula's Sexy Oxtails or Short Ribs

This is a MUST TRY!

I’m currently reading Paula Deen’s Memoir and she’s so sweet to include some recipes! I made this the other night with beef short ribs and honestly, I think I had 3 helpings!!

Sprinkle house seasoning over the short ribs and lay them in a big casserole dish. Sprinkle them with soy sauce – not drown them, just toss them. Cover them with sliced onions and a bay leave or 2, about a cup of water, and tightly cover with foil. Put in a 325 oven for 3 hours. When it’s ready, serve over buttered rice. (I had never tried buttered rice before I made this and - do it! It’s sooooo good!) You will love this simple and boldly flavorful dish!

House Seasoning: 1 c. salt, ¼ c. black pepper, ¼ c. garlic powder mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment