Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crazy Amazing Macaroni Salad

I first had this macaroni salad at a church potluck at The First Baptist Church of Vassar Michigan.  It was the church my Grandmother went to and served in for over 60 years.  I loved the macaroni salad so much that I asked the women working in the kitchen for the recipe.  They told me it was in their church cookbook, so I bought one on the spot!!  Nothing like a good church potluck macaroni salad!


Ingredients:
1 cucumber, diced
1 c. celery, thinly sliced
1 c. onion, diced (I like to use sweet onion)
8 radishes, sliced
1 lg. green pepper, diced
2 med. tomatoes, diced (I don’t care for tomatoes and didn’t include them!)
4 c. cooked macaroni

Dressing:
¾ c. sugar
2/3 c. vinegar
1/3 c. oil
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper

Mix together and mix with macaroni mixture. I added the dressing slowly, stopping when it was to my taste. I found that the recipe makes way too much yummy dressing!
And, you can add any other vegetables that you wish: green beans, zucchini, broccoli…

1 comment:

  1. Wait, wait, wait. YOU don't like TOMATOES? How did I not know this? Oh my goodness. I feel like I need to send you to some tomato boot camp to see how much you're missing. And I'm amazed you found a macaroni salad in MI which wasn't drowning in mayo. I might just have to try it!

    ReplyDelete