Monday, March 26, 2012

Lazy Sunday Pot Roast

PLEASE make this dish! It is so easy and more than amazing! I promise that your family and guests will love it! I made mine in the slow cooker - about 4 hours on high and it was out of this world!
Ingredients
2 tablespoons oil, or more if needed
1 (4 to 5-pound) boneless cross-rib
pot roast or other chuck roast
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
2 medium onions, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup
cider vinegar (or substitute white vinegar)
3
bay leaves (I only used 2)
1 tablespoon
caraway seeds
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped fresh
marjoram (or 2 tablespoons dried)
2 to 2 1/2 cups
beef stock
4 Granny Smith or other
tart green apples, quartered, cored and peeled (I actually placed my apples in a baking dish with my potatoes and served them on the side)

Directions
I browned the meat, generously seasoned with salt and pepper, in a skillet with some oil. About 8 minutes each side. Then I placed it in the slow cooker with all the reamaining ingredients (except the apples) and cooked it on high for 4 hours (or until tender). The juice from the meat is out of this world! Makes great French dip sandwiches the next day!


For the original recipe, go here

No comments:

Post a Comment